Saturday, January 26, 2013

Homemade Meatballs

I am pretty proud of my Italian heritage.  Both of my great grandparents were born in Italy and my family has handed down recipes through the generations.  This recipe is one of my husband's favorite.  It can be used with Spaghetti or on a sub as a meatball sandwich.  Heck, I even eat them by themselves for a healthy, carb-friendly dinner.

Here is my before picture:



These are the items you will need:

- 1 lb ground beef (85%)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 3-4 garlic cloves, or 2 Tablespoons of the minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian Seasoning
-3/4 cup Bread Crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg beaten

Mix all ingredients into a large bowl.  Form into 1-2 inch balls and place on a greased baking dish, such as a 9x11 Pyrex dish.  Cook at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes, or until cooked throughout.

I like to plop these into my spaghetti sauce and then pour it all over my noodles:



Enjoy your meatballs!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment