Monday, January 28, 2013

Crocheted Valentine's Headband

With Valentine's day right around the corner, I wanted to make something that was quick, easy and versatile since I am always short on time and love to create things that have multi-purpose.  I whipped up this headband in about 30 minutes and quickly realized that it could be used in so many other ways.  But this is a picture of my sweet 4 month old modeling it as a headband.


 

First things first, the pattern.  I wish that I could call this my own, but I found it here from Posh Pooch Designs.  I followed the pattern on the hearts, but instead of slip stitching the hearts together, I used a needle and threaded them together with all the loose ends.  This made more sense to me, as I needed to weave in my ends anyhow.


Once I had all my hearts sewn together, my next step was to ch 25 (twice, one for each end of the headband), and then slip stitch them into the last heart on each side, and weave in all loose ends.  This creates the ties that you will tie together to secure the headband.



I realized that the pattern was originally intended to be a dog collar, so I created a matching one for our sweet pup:


Then I realized that this can be purposed into a nice Valentine's Day garland as well, thanks to a suggestion from one of my amazing friends.  So now, I am working on increasing the size of the hearts to make a larger garland version of this cute creation.

Happy crocheting friends ~ Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment