Thursday, February 7, 2013

Jalapeno, Cream Cheese & Shrimp Appetizers

Every leading lady knows that the way to her man's heart is through his tummy.  My man loves all things spicy, cheesy and shrimpy.  I have made him many meals with these combinations, but the other day I wanted to use up a few ingredients in my fridge before they went bad, and they weren't enough for a full meal so I created an appetizer.  The Jalapeno Popper with a shrimp twist.

I started by mixing a softened package of cream cheese, 1/2 cup of shredded Mexican blend cheese, 1 finely chopped jalapeno, and a few precooked cocktail shrimp that I seasoned with Emeril Lagasse's "essence spice mix."

Then I took a package of Nasoya egg roll wraps, and cut in half, leaving me with two long rectangular pieces.  I then placed a spoonful of the cream cheese mixture and a couple of the seasoned shrimp onto the end of one of the wrappers, leaving enough room for me to fold the other half over and seal together.




To seal the wrapper, take your clean finger, or a brush and dip into water.  Run it along all the edges of the wrapper and press together until sealed.  Once sealed, drop the popper into a deep fryer or a frying pan filled with vegetable oil (or for a healthier choice, place in the oven at 350 degrees).

Once cooked, set aside to cool, and enjoy!



I would recommend using a deep fryer when frying these.  I use my Cuisinart, and love it.  There are other great brands too!



  

No comments:

Post a Comment